Volunteer Work Experience
The programmes are both affordable and tailor made to your requirements. Our aim is to provide our students with an enjoyable experience whilst giving them an opportunity to use and develop their language skills.
Coupled with high-quality host family accommodation, the experience is a rewarding and memorable one.
What can we offer you?
Work - we can offer you an opportunity to improve you English language and vocational skills not through a teaching method but in a real working environment.
Support - the SEE team will arrange the whole programme checking the work placement for quality, finalise details and give their full support. The minimum length of the placement is 2 weeks and the maximum time for work is 39 hours per week. We can offer a choice of work placements including shops, cafés, restaurants, schools, children’s nurseries, hotels, museums, offices and equestrian centres.
The duties at each placement can of course vary widely but can be made available on request.
Monitoring - we visit you whilst at work to ensure wellbeing and suitability, carry out an evaluation. At the end of the programme we will send you feedback and a certificate of participation.
- Minimum period of work is 2 weeks (3 or 4 week stays are popular) but any length of stay can be arranged.
- Maximum hours of work is 39 per week. This can include evening and weekend work especially in work placements at hotels and restaurants for instance.
- Two months is required to set up a placement
- This programme is available to students from Europe only
- Students are responsible for travel to and from work placements - although this is likely to be a short bus ride away and often within walking distance
Whilst the emphasis is on the Summer months, work placements areavailable throughout the year. They are specifically for students aged 16 years and above with at least an intermediate level of English or a willingness to try and speak English without worrying about errors. The work experience programme is meant to improve fluency in English for the student.